For many property owners, managing rainwater can be a real challenge. From flooding to water quality issues, choosing the right drainage system for your home or business is essential to protect your hard-earned investment. Luckily, our licensed drain technicians are here to help!
At American Drain Company, we specialize in professional area drain installation and maintenance to keep your Simi Valley property comfortable and cost-effective all year long. Not sure which type of drain is best for you? No problem! Our certified experts can conduct a thorough inspection of your property to determine which drainage system is best for your unique needs and budget.
From installation to maintenance, our friendly professionals offer a wide selection of top-tier materials and state-of-the-art products to improve your property value while maximizing your investment. With the latest technological advancements and decades of industry-leading experience, you can trust us to get the job done right the first time around.
If you’re dealing with drain issues, turn to our family-owned and operated team for upfront pricing and superior service! Call (805) 800-8625 to request a free estimate.
What Is an Area Drain?
An area drain is a simple yet effective system installed in specific outdoor areas of your property to collect surface water and direct it away. These drains are typically found in low-lying areas where water tends to accumulate, such as yards, patios, or driveways. Area drains are specifically designed to prevent water buildup that could lead to flooding or property damage.
How Does an Area Drain Work?
An area drain works by utilizing gravity to move water from higher ground to lower ground. It consists of a catch basin with a grate on top to capture water while preventing larger debris from entering. The basin connects to piping that directs the collected water to a safe discharge point, often a street or storm sewer.
Do I Need an Area Drain?
When it comes to protecting your investment and preserving your indoor comfort, it’s important to select the best solutions for your home or business. As a California property owner, familiarizing yourself with the telltale signs of drainage issues can protect against significant property damage and expensive drain repairs, saving you time and money in the long run.
While an area drain may not be necessary for everyone, it can be an ideal solution for many property owners. Here are some signs it’s time to consider an area drain:
- Standing puddles in your yard: If you notice standing water or puddles in your yard that don't drain after a rainstorm, this is a clear sign you need an area drain. This stagnant water can damage your grass and landscaping and create a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other pests.
- Water accumulation around your foundation: Excess water pooling near your house's foundation can lead to serious structural issues over time, including cracks and even flooding in your basement.
- Erosion in your yard: If you notice areas in your yard where the topsoil is washing away, it's likely due to a drainage issue. Installing an area drain can help prevent this erosion and protect your yard.
- Flooding in your driveway or patio: Accumulated water in these areas can lead to slippery surfaces and potential accidents. An area drain can efficiently redirect this water, promoting safety and reducing the chance of property damage.
- Water stains on exterior walls: If you notice water stains or discoloration on your property's exterior walls, it might indicate a poor drainage system. An area drain can help manage water runoff and prevent it from affecting your property's aesthetic appeal.
Benefits of Area Drains for Property Owners
For homeowners and property owners in Simi Valley, installing an area drain can offer many advantages. Here are some benefits of having an area drain on your property:
- Prevent flooding: By effectively directing excess water away from your property, area drains help prevent flooding issues, reducing the risk of significant property damage.
- Protect your landscaping: Excessive water accumulation can harm your landscape, damaging plants and eroding soil. An area drain can improve the health of your garden and lawn to help your property look its best!
- Maintaining your property value: By protecting your property from water damage, area drains contribute to maintaining and even increasing your property's value.
Whether you're a homeowner looking to protect your yard from water damage or a property manager needing to maintain multiple properties, our family-owned and operated team can implement lasting solutions to safeguard your assets and restore your indoor comfort.
Area Drains vs. French Drains: Which Is Best?
While both area drains and French drains divert water away from your property, they operate differently and are suited for different situations. Choosing between an area drain and a French drain depends on the specific needs of the property owner. Here are some helpful characteristics of each type:
- Area drains are designed for handling surface water, as they collect and direct this water away from specific outdoor areas of your property. They work best in low-lying areas where water tends to pool, such as yards or patios. If you're dealing with surface water pooling in certain areas, an area drain might be the best choice.
- French drains are better suited for dealing with subsurface or groundwater. They consist of a trench filled with gravel and a perforated pipe that redirects water away from the property. They work well in areas where the water table is high. If you have issues with water seepage or a high water table, a French drain might be the most effective choice.
Our professional drain technicians have over 40 years of combined experience to evaluate your specific circumstances and implement lasting, customized solutions to maintain the value and curb appeal of your California property.
Contact Our Simi Valley Technicians for a Free Estimate
At American Drain Company, we specialize in comprehensive area drain services, from design and installation to maintenance and repair. Our licensed specialists use high-quality materials and advanced technologies to provide the modern and cost-effective solutions you need to keep your home or business running smoothly year-round.
No matter your needs, we can apply our extensive knowledge to keep your area drain system running in optimal condition, protecting your hard-earned investment. With free estimates available and our 100% satisfaction guarantee, don’t hesitate to reach out to our plumbing experts for the personalized service and unmatched professionalism you deserve!
From clogged drains to sewer backups, call our plumbing experts can work fast to resolve your issue! Contact us online to request a free quote or schedule a service.
“Combination of very professional, knowledgeable guy with the right tools and with a great rate, can't beat that.Wilson M.
Tim, thank you for unclogging my mom's sewer line and your recommendation of preventative measures.”
“Tim and his crew showed up on time and cleaned up after each day. He took photos of the work and was instrumental in submitting a claim to my insurance company. They decided in my favor. I could not have done it without Tim. I highly recommend Tim and his ”Al H.
“I can not fully express how much my family and I appreciate the work done by Tim and his company.”Gabriel M.
“Wow. So happy I went with ADC, Tim I appreciate how respectful your crew treated my home.”Michele F.
“They were fast (we were only without water for about an hour or so) and the front yard looks exactly like it did when they started. You can't even tell they were there!”Dawn M.
“The company was prompt and actually arrived earlier than the estimated time. When the crew arrived the next day everyone was great they finished sooner than expected. I really can't say enough about them.”John G.
Trained & Skilled Technicians
Get experts on the job with over 40 years of combined experience.
You will never have to worry about hidden charges or fees.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee If you’re not satisfied with the job, we will make it right.