A well-functioning water heater is a necessity for any modern property. When your water heater struggles to provide hot water when you need it, it can be more than an inconvenience—it’s also a safety concern. Installing a quality water heater in your home or business is essential for safe cooking, cleaning, bathing, and other household tasks that many of us take for granted.
If your water heater is acting up or nearing the end of its lifespan, it might be time to install a new one. Our licensed technicians at American Drain Company have decades of industry-leading experience to inspect your water heater and recommend professional replacement if needed to ensure the longevity of your property, protect your investment, and restore your peace of mind.
With upfront pricing and our 100% satisfaction guarantee, you can’t go wrong with American Drain Company! Call (805) 800-8625 to request a free estimate.
Signs You Need a New Water Heater
Recognizing the signs of a failing water heater can save you from unexpected breakdowns and costly damages. Here are some common signs it's time for a new water heater:
- Inconsistent hot water: If your showers are turning cold too quickly or the hot water seems to be coming and going, it might be a sign that your water heater is struggling, signaling the need for replacement.
- Rusty water: If you notice rusty or muddy water coming from your hot water taps, it might be a sign that your water heater is corroding, potentially leading to leaks.
- Noise: While it's normal for water heaters to make some noise, loud cracks and pops aren't a good sign. Noisy systems might be a sign that the heating elements are interacting with built-up sediment at the bottom of the tank, signaling the need for a new water heater.
- Leaks: A leaking water heater is a telltale sign that you need a new one. Leaks can lead to significant water damage, so it's crucial to address this issue right away.
- Aging systems: If your water heater is more than 10 years old, it probably won't work as efficiently as a newer model. It's a good idea to consider a professional replacement once your water heater is around a decade old.
If you notice any of these warning signs, it's time to call our water heater installation professionals! Our fully insured and licensed team can conduct a thorough inspection and recommend a suitable replacement to restore hot water in your property.
Benefits of Professional Water Heater Installation
Why should you invest in professional water heater installation for your Simi Valley property? Here are some benefits of getting your new water heater professionally installed:
- Reduced energy bills: Frequent water heater maintenance or repairs can result in spiking water and energy bills. Investing in professional replacement can reduce your monthly utility costs and help you cut back on unnecessary expenses.
- Cost-effective: While water heater repairs can be appropriate for minor problems, opting for professional replacement and installation over recurring repairs can save you time and money in the long run.
- Improved property value: A well-running water heater can protect your investment and improve the value of your property, enhancing its curb appeal should you decide to list it on the market.
- Environmentally friendly: Investing in an energy-efficient water heater can help protect the environment and reduce your carbon footprint, with the added bonus of saving money on your energy bills!
- Peace of mind: While a malfunctioning water heater is inconvenient, it’s also hazardous. Unaddressed issues can result in safety hazards, increasing the risk of fire, burns, and electrocution. Professional installation can give you peace of mind knowing your water heater is functioning safely.
Common Types of Water Heaters
As a property owner, choosing the right type of water heater for your needs and budget can be tricky. That’s why our certified experts are here to help! Our technicians handle all types of water heaters, giving us the knowledge and know-how to help you find the best fit for your unique preferences. Here are some common types of water heaters:
- Tankless water heaters: These models heat water directly without storing it in a tank, providing a constant supply of hot water on demand. Tankless water heaters are known for being energy-efficient and space-saving, making them a popular choice for homeowners. They can be an especially excellent choice for smaller properties or households that don't use a significant amount of hot water at once.
- Heat pump water heaters: This type of water heater uses heat from the ground or air to heat water, making it an energy-efficient choice for homeowners. Although the upfront cost of heat pump water heaters may seem high, they can save property owners significant money on energy bills in the long run!
- Solar water heaters: Powered by the sun's energy, these are an excellent eco-friendly choice to help property owners protect their investment while doing their part to protect our planet. Although solar water heaters can be more expensive upfront, they can result in huge savings over time, especially in sunny climates like California.
- Storage tank water heaters: This type of water heater is a very common choice. Storage tank water heaters store water in a tank until it's needed. These water heaters are well-liked for their affordability, although they can require more space and use more energy than other types.
- Condensing water heaters: This type of water heater is a great option for homes with natural gas service! Condensing water heaters use exhaust gases that would normally be expelled from your property to heat water, making these systems especially energy-efficient.
Water Heater Repair vs. Replacement
When it comes to water heater repair vs. replacement, it can be tempting to opt for the lower costs of repair services—but this doesn’t mean it will be the most cost-effective choice in the long run. Water heater repairs can be an ideal solution for certain issues, such as minor leaks or faulty heating elements.
On the other hand, professional replacement is often the most financially savvy decision for homeowners. Installing a new water heater can help protect your property value and cut down on monthly expenses. If your water heater is nearing the end of its lifespan or requiring frequent repairs, investing in a new water heater might be the best way to restore your indoor comfort without breaking the bank.
Our water heater technicians offer free estimates and thorough water heater inspections to help you decide if repair or replacement is the best option for your needs! Our team uses state-of-the-art products and advanced technologies to provide the top-tier services you need, implementing modern solutions built to last.
Simi Valley Plumbers with 40+ Years of Combined Experience
At American Drain Company, our family-owned and operated team is proud to be your one-stop shop for all plumbing, drain, and sewer line needs! Our knowledgeable experts specialize in a wide range of services to meet your unique needs and budget, from pipe repair to septic tanks to drain cleaning services. With upfront pricing and over 40 years of combined experience, you can count on our plumbing professionals to restore your peace of mind and indoor comfort in your California property.
Dealing with a clogged drain or other plumbing issue? Our plumbers can work fast to restore your indoor comfort! Call (805) 800-8625 to schedule a service.
“Combination of very professional, knowledgeable guy with the right tools and with a great rate, can't beat that.Wilson M.
Tim, thank you for unclogging my mom's sewer line and your recommendation of preventative measures.”
“Tim and his crew showed up on time and cleaned up after each day. He took photos of the work and was instrumental in submitting a claim to my insurance company. They decided in my favor. I could not have done it without Tim. I highly recommend Tim and his ”Al H.
“I can not fully express how much my family and I appreciate the work done by Tim and his company.”Gabriel M.
“Wow. So happy I went with ADC, Tim I appreciate how respectful your crew treated my home.”Michele F.
“They were fast (we were only without water for about an hour or so) and the front yard looks exactly like it did when they started. You can't even tell they were there!”Dawn M.
“The company was prompt and actually arrived earlier than the estimated time. When the crew arrived the next day everyone was great they finished sooner than expected. I really can't say enough about them.”John G.
Trained & Skilled Technicians
Get experts on the job with over 40 years of combined experience.
You will never have to worry about hidden charges or fees.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee If you’re not satisfied with the job, we will make it right.