Pipes are designed to be long-lasting. However, even the most durable pipelines are going to experience trouble. When this occurs, it is important to get in touch with experts about Simi Valley pipe repair. Our team at American Drain Company is devoted to meeting our clients’ needs.
How to Know if Your Pipes Need to Be Repaired
Although it is crucial to be proactive in fixing a cracked or loose pipe, it can sometimes be hard to tell something is wrong. Since pipe issues may be deep beneath the surface, there is not always an obvious indication of dripping. Nevertheless, Simi Valley homeowners can be aware of certain common signs that would show a pipe is faulty.
Some Warning Signs of a Malfunctional Pipe Include:
- Low levels of water pressure: When it is difficult to use the shower or the faucet because the pressure is so low, it is time to call a team of Simi Valley plumbers. The flow of water will slow to a trickle if the supply is leaking somewhere in the pipe.
- Indications of rust or corrosion: Signs of rust on the outside of a pipe likely mean that the interiors are corroded too. Look out for rust flakes when the water starts running as well.
- Odd sounds, even when the water is off: Loud noises of rushing water long after the faucet has turned off means trouble is near. Other unusual noises would include bubbling, gurgling, creaking, or banging.
- Signs of moisture or continual dampness: When places remain wet for days on end, this is a sign of accumulated moisture. Floors, walls, and ceilings that are consistently damp can mean there is water damage from a broken pipe.
Pipes are important components of all households, but when pipe bursts happen, it can be catastrophic. Pipe bursts usually occur due to a variety of causes. For example, pipes that are old and outdated are common causes behind bursts as piping material weakens with time and age. Similarly, significant changes in water pressure levels can put a strain on your pipes leaving them vulnerable to bursting. Tree roots, corrosion, movement in the surrounding soil, clogs, and changes in water temperature can also be a factor, as can neglected pipes that haven’t been maintained.
Fixing burst pipes requires a trained professional who can correctly identify the source of the problem then apply appropriate repair solutions. Neglecting a necessary repair can lead to more costly damage to not only your plumbing system, but to your home. So, don’t delay, call for professional pipe repairs in Simi Valley!
How Serious Is a Leaky Pipe?
A leaking pipe can be more than just an annoyance – it can be serious and cause severe damage if left unrepaired for too long. Signs of a pipe leak can include wet patches near the pipe, water spots on your ceiling, or dripping sounds coming from behind walls. If you suspect you have a pipe leak, it is important to address the issue as soon as possible to avoid extensive damage.
What Damage Can a Leaking Pipe Cause?
- It can slowly weaken walls
- It can ruin nearby carpets
- It can warp hardwood floors
- It can lead to wood rot
- It can damage personal items
- It can lead to mold growth
- It can cause wallpaper and paint to peel
Fixing a pipe requires a trained Simi Valley professional who can accurately identify the source of the leak and the necessary repair. Addressing the pipe leak promptly will prevent further damage to your home and save you significant costs in the future.
“Combination of very professional, knowledgeable guy with the right tools and with a great rate, can't beat that.Wilson M.
Tim, thank you for unclogging my mom's sewer line and your recommendation of preventative measures.”
“Tim and his crew showed up on time and cleaned up after each day. He took photos of the work and was instrumental in submitting a claim to my insurance company. They decided in my favor. I could not have done it without Tim. I highly recommend Tim and his ”Al H.
“I can not fully express how much my family and I appreciate the work done by Tim and his company.”Gabriel M.
“Wow. So happy I went with ADC, Tim I appreciate how respectful your crew treated my home.”Michele F.
“They were fast (we were only without water for about an hour or so) and the front yard looks exactly like it did when they started. You can't even tell they were there!”Dawn M.
“The company was prompt and actually arrived earlier than the estimated time. When the crew arrived the next day everyone was great they finished sooner than expected. I really can't say enough about them.”John G.
No matter how careful one may be at dumping waste into a trashcan instead of in the sink, it is inevitable that clogs will still form in the pipes. A sewer or drain that has been blocked with leftover food, inorganic matter, and other debris spells trouble. Eventually, the obstacle will create too much pressure in the pipe, and the water will not be able to flow around it. Even the strongest line will not be able to withstand the force and will break, causing a major mess.
To avoid spending a lot of money on a leaky or burst pipe, it is important to schedule rapid pipe repair. Taking proactive steps can save as much as $300 a year from a hairline crack that is releasing only one drop a second. Our devoted professionals at American Drain Company can find and fix any type of drain, sewer line, or pipe.
Trained & Skilled Technicians
Get experts on the job with over 40 years of combined experience.
You will never have to worry about hidden charges or fees.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee If you’re not satisfied with the job, we will make it right.